Coronavirus Safety for Retail
Here are some best practices for ensuring your customers and environment stay safe from the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
We value the health and well-being of our tenants, their employees, and customers. As you are aware, several cases of COVID-19 (coronavirus) have been documented in Arizona.
As busy retailers we are aware you may be preparing for coronavirus related issues. The following link from ICSC, the International Council of Shopping Centers has some helpful information that may assist you in setting your own policies:
Per the Center for Disease Control (CDC) website the following are some recommendations to help reduce the spread of infection. The best ways to reduce the risk of getting this or any viral respiratory infection include:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces
- Stay at home away from others if you are sick
- Cover mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands
It is also important to communicate directly with your janitorial company and ask what additional measures are being taken in the cleaning process to sanitize things.
The following links from the CDC and the Arizona Department of Health Services can also assist with any concerns you may have:
Please share this information with your employees and customers.