Assistant Commercial Property Manager (Office and Retail Properties) – Office Administrator / Executive Assistant
COMPANY DESCRIPTION: DSW Commercial Real Estate is a dynamic commercial real estate development and investment company offering third party property management and leasing/sales services. DSW CRE owned properties include 3 retail shopping centers exceeding 500,000 square feet. Total portfolio under management including DSW CRE owned properties and third party properties exceeds 1,000,000 square feet.
THE POSITION: The Assistant Property Manager will support the Office Property Manager (1) and the Retail Property Manager (1) in the management of each portfolio and offer exemplary customer service to clients and tenants. Duties include:
- Receivables Administration: add deposits and iStream, batch deposits and maintain the deposit log, assistance where needed, if needed
- Maintenance Administration: manage work orders, monitor work orders daily, distribute maintenance requests to vendors, communicate with tenants and property manager
- Assist property manager with vendor invoice processing
- Maintain current vendor information including vendor W9 and insurance compliance (COI)
- Assist property manager in tenant account receivables and billing
- Maintain critical dates for Management Agreements and tenant leases
- The position will include some office/executive administrative/assistant duties as needed.
- Update company social media and website as needed
- Answer incoming phone calls as needed
- Assist Executives with DSW CRE owned critical date maintenance for loan requirements and partnership requirements
- Assist Executives in due diligence of property acquisitions as needed
- Assist Executives in property acquisition closing as needed
- Assist with property marketing as needed
CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS: Being able to see the large picture and ability to complete tasks while working in a team format and collaboration and pride in quality of work. A bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required. Candidates should have some experience in the real estate industry. Experience with excel and basic accounting knowledge required.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 1 year experience in the real estate/commercial property management industry
- Familiarity with lease documentation administration
- Familiarity with basic accounting principles and financial acumen
- Experience assisting in budget preparation, cam reconciliation and other financial reports/processes
- Proficient in excel
- AZ Real Estate License preferred
- Experience using commercial property management software (MRI/Yardi)
COMPENSATION: Compensation for the position will be between $35-$40,000 a year depending on experience and will include medical, dental and optical benefits and 401K employee matching.